F.A.T.E Hardcore, Core, encore...

Inspis, théories, conseils ...
Cryoban
Dieu de la carbonite

Re: F.A.T.E Hardcore, Core, encore...

Message par Cryoban »

C'est très impressionnant, elle parvient a correler un background avec une feuille de stats. j'ai fait l'exercice sur un perso Cyberpunk
en lui demandant de décrire un runner ayant des problèmes personnels et une affaire de coeur

Spoiler:
Certainly! Here is the story of our character, living in the cyberpunk city of Istanbul:

Nicknamed "Cyber," our character is a gun-for-hire with numerous cybernetic implants that give him superhuman strength and agility. Despite his exceptional talents, Cyber's life is not easy. He lives in a hot, noisy city where corruption and crime are rampant.

Since childhood, Cyber has always had to fend for himself. He never knew his parents and grew up on the streets of Istanbul, learning to fight and survive by any means necessary. This tough life has left him with deep emotional scars and he has trouble trusting and getting close to others.

Despite everything, Cyber has managed to make a name for himself in the world of organized crime and is highly sought after as a gun-for-hire. But he struggles to live with his conscience and his actions often haunt him at night.

One day, he meets a young woman named Aylin who works as a waitress in a bar in the city. She is beautiful and kind and manages to break through Cyber's tough exterior. He falls in love with her and begins a passionate but difficult relationship, as he must continue to lead his life as a gun-for-hire in secret.

Aylin is aware of Cyber's life and tries to convince him to change his ways, but he cannot help being drawn into increasingly dangerous missions. He must also confront many enemies who seek to kill or bring him down.

Despite all these trials, Cyber cannot forget Aylin and he eventually decides to change his life for her. He leaves the world of crime and tries to make a new life, but he finds that it is not so easy. He must face his inner demons and troubled past while trying to protect Aylin from the dangers around them.

In the end, Cyber finds peace and love with Aylin and his determination to change his life. But he knows that his journey will be long and difficult and he will have to continue to fight to protect what he holds dear.

Et la fiche qui en découle

Spoiler:
Name: Cyber
Aspects:
Streetwise Istanbul Gun-for-Hire
Dark Past and Deep Emotional Scars
Cybernetic Implants
Passionate Love Affair with Aylin
Determined to Change My Life
Skills:
+4 Shoot
+3 Fight
+2 Athletics
+1 Stealth
+1 Intimidation
Stunts:
With my cybernetic implants, I have a +2 to any action involving strength or agility.
I have a network of contacts in the criminal underworld that I can call upon for favors or information.
I have a natural talent for staying calm under pressure and making split-second decisions.
Stress:
Physical: 3
Mental: 2
Consequences:
Mild: 2
Moderate: 1
Severe: 1
Refresh: 3

Cthulhu Invictus: Limes Obscurus. Certaines forêts sont plus sombres que d'autres
Dark Operators, un hack du BRP pour Delta Green avec sa feuille de PJ. Du poulpe et des Forces Spéciales.
Un cadavre encombrant Un prologue alternatif à La Ville en Jaune
Xaramis
Dieu du petit bayonne

Message par Xaramis »

En dehors de toute considération morale sur les "performances" des IA, et sous l'angle uniquement rôlistique, je me dis que ce serait bien pratique pour créer des PJ sur le pouce, avec une tablée de personnes qui ont envie de se lancer sans mettre les mains dans le cambouis de création de perso. Y compris pour une partie de "démo", en convention de JdR ou autre, à la place de PJ "prétirés" parmi lesquels les personnes piocheraient par défaut.
Renz
Dieu d'après le panthéon

Message par Renz »

Xaramis a écrit : ven. déc. 16, 2022 12:18 pm En dehors de toute considération morale sur les "performances" des IA, et sous l'angle uniquement rôlistique, je me dis que ce serait bien pratique pour créer des PJ sur le pouce, avec une tablée de personnes qui ont envie de se lancer sans mettre les mains dans le cambouis de création de perso. Y compris pour une partie de "démo", en convention de JdR ou autre, à la place de PJ "prétirés" parmi lesquels les personnes piocheraient par défaut.
C'est en effet une possibilité. J'ai procédé ainsi concernant un personnage victorien dans un contexte un tantinet fantastique, en apportant quelques éléments :
In the context of the end of the 19th century, can you create a biography for a character with these elements : male, hard worker, rebellion, sabotage, Luddite, wife, death of his child, London suburbs, atlantis mystery, death of sherlock holmes.
Spoiler:
Certainly! Here is a possible biography for a character fitting the described elements:

John was a hard-working man living in the London suburbs with his wife and young child. He worked long hours at a factory, where he witnessed firsthand the harsh conditions and exploitation of the workers. Frustrated and angry, John became involved in a group of Luddites, who sought to protest and disrupt the industrialization that was changing their world.

John and his comrades would often sabotage the machinery at the factory, causing delays and costing the owners money. They saw themselves as fighting for a just cause, and John was willing to risk everything for it. However, their actions drew the attention of the authorities, and John knew it was only a matter of time before they were caught.

Tragedy struck when John's child fell ill and died, adding to his already heavy burden of grief and despair. In his grief, John became obsessed with the legend of Atlantis, and he spent his spare time searching for any clues or evidence of the lost city's existence.

As fate would have it, John's search for Atlantis led him to cross paths with the famous detective Sherlock Holmes. However, their meeting was short-lived, as Holmes' own mysterious death shortly thereafter put an end to their collaboration.

Despite the loss of both his child and his unlikely ally, John remained determined to continue his fight for justice. He knew that the struggles of the working class were far from over, and he was willing to do whatever it took to bring about change. In the end, John sacrificed everything for his beliefs, becoming a symbol of rebellion and hope for future generations.
Spoiler:
Certainly! Here is a character sheet for John using the Fate Core system:

Name : John

Aspects:
  • Hard-Working Factory Worker
  • Grieving Parent
  • Rebel with a Cause
  • Atlantis Obsessed Sleuth
  • Former Ally of Sherlock Holmes
Skills:
  • Great (+4) Craft
  • Good (+3) Fight
  • Good (+3) Athletics
  • Fair (+2) Notice
  • Fair (+2) Deceive
  • Fair (+2) Will
  • Average (+1) Investigate
  • Average (+1) Empathy
  • Average (+1) Stealth
  • Average (+1) Provoke
Stunts:
  • Saboteur: Once per scene, John can use his Craft skill to disable or damage machinery as a free action.
  • Grieving Parent: When trying to persuade someone to understand his cause, John can use his emotional state to gain a +2 bonus to his roll.
  • Atlantis Hunter: John has spent a significant amount of time studying and searching for Atlantis, giving him a +2 to Investigate rolls related to the lost city.
Extras:
  • A group of Luddite rebels who support John's cause
  • A loyal wife who stands by John's side
 Fate Points: 3
Quelques aménagements à faire mais c'est une bonne base.
« I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion... I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate... All those moments will be lost in time, like... tears in rain. Time to die. » Roy Batty - Blade Runner (1982)
Renz
Dieu d'après le panthéon

Message par Renz »

C'est vraiment impressionnant comment elle parvient à bien « catégoriser » les aspects, avec des stunts qui tiennent la route.
Spoiler:
Sure! Here is a Fate Core character for a Roman legionary during the occupation of Judea:

Name: Marcus Valerius

Concept: Brutal and Alcoholic Roman Legionary

High Concept: Military Tribune of the Fifth Cohort

Trouble: Struggles with Addiction and Inner Turmoil

Aspects:
  • "I Will Crush Any Threat to Rome"
  • "I Am a Warrior, Not a Diplomat"
  • "I Will Not Let My Personal Demons Destroy Me"
Skills:
  • Great (+4) Fighting
  • Good (+3) Endurance
  • Good (+3) Military Tactics
  • Fair (+2) Intimidation
  • Fair (+2) Survival
  • Fair (+2) Persuasion
  • Fair (+2) Leadership
Stunts:
  • "Roman Discipline": Once per scene, Marcus can use his Military Tactics skill to rally his comrades and give them +1 to their next roll.
  • "Drunken Rage": When fighting while intoxicated, Marcus adds +2 to his Fighting skill but takes a -2 penalty to his Endurance skill.
  • "Iron Will": When resisting temptation or intimidation, Marcus adds +2 to his Endurance skill. Refresh: 3 Current Fate Points:
3 Physical Stress: [] [] []
Mental Stress: [] [] []

This character is a Roman legionary serving during the occupation of Judea in the 1st century AD. He is known for his brutal and sometimes warmhearted nature, as well as his struggle with addiction and inner turmoil. His skills and stunts reflect his military training and experience, as well as his ability to resist temptation and intimidate others.
 I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Spoiler:
Certainly! Here is a Fate Core character for a pregnant woman living in the early era of ancient Egypt:
 Name: Nefertiti

Concept: Pregnant Royal Consort and Advisor High Concept:

Queen of Egypt and Wife of Pharaoh Akhenaten

Trouble: Struggles with Political Intrigue and Maintaining Power Aspects:
  • "I Will Protect My Family and My Kingdom"
  • "I Am a Strong and Capable Ruler"
  • "I Will Not Be Ignored or Dismissed"
Skills:
  • Great (+4) Persuasion
  • Good (+3) Empathy
  • Good (+3) Leadership
  • Fair (+2) Navigation
  • Fair (+2) Survival
  • Fair (+2) Intimidation
  • Fair (+2) History
Stunts:
  • "Political Savvy": Once per scene, Nefertiti can use her Persuasion skill to discern the motives of others and manipulate them to her advantage.
  • "Mother's Instinct": When protecting her family or kingdom, Nefertiti adds +2 to her Leadership skill.
  • "Royal Presence": When attempting to intimidate others, Nefertiti adds +2 to her Intimidation skill.
Current Fate Points: 3

Physical Stress: [] [] []
Mental Stress: [] [] []

Consequences:
  • Mild (2-point) Consequence: "Exhausted from Pregnancy"
  • Moderate (4-point) Consequence: "Betrayed by a Trusted Advisor"
This character is based on Nefertiti, a queen of ancient Egypt who lived during the 14th century BC. She was the wife of Pharaoh Akhenaten and is known for her beauty, intelligence, and political savvy. As a pregnant royal consort and advisor, Nefertiti struggles with political intrigue and maintaining power. Her skills and stunts reflect her ability to persuade and empathize with others, as well as her strong leadership skills and royal presence.

J'ai même par la suite demandé à avoir le choix pour l'aspect "trouble" du second personnage : 
Spoiler:
Sure! Here are three different options for the "trouble" aspect for the character of Nefertiti:
  • Option 1: Struggles with Political Intrigue and Maintaining Power
  • Option 2: Struggles with Managing Her Role as Both a Mother and a Ruler
  • Option 3: Struggles with Dealing with Her Husband's Radical Religious Reforms
« I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion... I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate... All those moments will be lost in time, like... tears in rain. Time to die. » Roy Batty - Blade Runner (1982)
Renz
Dieu d'après le panthéon

Message par Renz »

C'est à mon sens un excellent outil pour aider le MJ.

Et comme j'ai pu aussi faire des personnages pour Traveller RPG (en ayant demandé un personnage de Mindjammer, c'est la version Traveller qui fut utilisée), évidemment D&D5, mais aussi Cortex classic. Je pense que je vais arrêter de spammer ici et qu'il peut être utile d'ouvrir un fil dédié dans la partie technique du forum.
Xaramis
Dieu du petit bayonne

Message par Xaramis »

Merci pour ces démonstrations complémentaires.
AlexS
Pratiquant

Message par AlexS »

Merci aussi pour ces démos, super intéressant! 😅
Genji
Pratiquant

Message par Genji »

C'est super impressionné ça m'a carrément retourné le cerveau xD.  J'ai voulu un test perso basique en demandant à l'IA de créer une feuille de personnage pour un pilote dans The Expanse et ça m'a donné un bon perso. 

Name: John Robert
High Concept: Former naval pilot turned freelance transport pilot
Trouble: Struggles with addiction and reckless behavior

Other Aspects:
  • Grew up on Earth
  • Trained as a pilot in the UN Navy
  • Experienced combat during the Eros incident
  • Prides himself on being a skilled pilot and a tough survivor
    Skills:
  • Great (+4) at Piloting and Navigation
  • Good (+3) at Mechanics and Survival
  • Fair (+2) at Gunnery and Intimidation
    Stunts:
  • Ace Pilot: When using Piloting to fly a ship, gain +2 to the roll
  • Quick Repairs: When using Mechanics to fix a ship's systems, gain +2 to the roll
  • Combat Experience: When using Gunnery in a firefight, gain +2 to the roll
Alors c'est peut-être complétement parfait, mais c'est une super base pour commencer à bosser dessus. Et surtout qu'on a un peu de mal à imaginer des aspects ou des prouesses, et ben ça ça aide.  J'avais aussi crée une fiche pour James Holden et c'est aussi très bien, l'IA a parfaitement su comprendre le personnage et le convertir en une fiche Fate. 

C'est vraiment une révolution ! Merci pour la découverte.

Edit : J'ai essayé de seulement demander une liste d'aspects en relation avec The Expanse et l'IA m'a donné quelques exemples sympa pour aider quelqu'un à créer des aspects. Tout n'est pas parfait mais encore une fois c'est impressionnant ;
High Concepts:

Belter born and raised on Ceres Station
    Earther diplomat working for the United Nations
    Former member of the Martian Marine Corps
    OPA freedom fighter fighting for Belter rights
    Rocinante crew member trying to make a difference
    Protogen scientist obsessed with the protomolecule

Troubles:

Struggles with feelings of worthlessness and inferiority due to being a Belter
    Haunted by the loss of a loved one in the Eros incident
    Struggles with addiction to drugs or other vices
    Struggles with loyalty to the OPA or other factions
    Struggles with a secret that could ruin their career or reputation
    Struggles with mental health issues such as depression or PTSD

Other Aspects:

Born and raised on Earth, Mars, or a colony
    Trained in a specific profession or field (such as piloting, diplomacy, or medicine)
    Has personal connections or ties to specific characters or groups (such as the Rocinante crew or the OPA)
    Holds strong personal beliefs or values (such as a commitment to justice or a desire for independence)
    Has experienced significant events or trauma in their past (such as the attack on the Donnager or the Eros incident)
    Has a particular reputation or reputation for a specific skill or trait (such as being a skilled pilot or a cunning negotiator)
Udo Femi
Dieu des langues de poulpes

Message par Udo Femi »

Santa Vaca !!!
:wub:
Name: Sarah Connor
Aspect: Determined to Survive

High Concept: A young woman who will stop at nothing to protect her son and prevent the rise of Skynet
Trouble: Sarah is constantly on the run and must always be on guard, making it difficult for her to have a normal life.

Skills:

Combat: Great (+4)
Survival: Great (+4)
Athletics: Good (+3)
Intimidation: Good (+3)
Stunts:

Combat Training: Sarah has received extensive combat training and is highly skilled in hand-to-hand combat and the use of various weapons.
Resourceful: Sarah is resourceful and can make do with what she has on hand, whether it be fashioning a weapon out of everyday objects or finding shelter in unexpected places.
Determined: Sarah is determined to do whatever it takes to protect her son and prevent the rise of Skynet, and will not let anything stand in her way.

Aspect: Determined to Survive

Sarah will stop at nothing to protect her son and prevent the rise of Skynet. She is resourceful and determined, and will do whatever it takes to survive and succeed in her mission.
Aspect: On the Run

Sarah is constantly on the run, always looking over her shoulder and trying to stay one step ahead of those who would do her harm. She has to be constantly on guard, which makes it difficult for her to have a normal life.
Aspect: The Future is at Stake

Sarah knows that the fate of humanity depends on her actions. She is determined to do everything in her power to prevent the rise of Skynet and ensure that her son grows up in a world free of the threat of artificial intelligence.
Mon blog: http://www.udo-prod.com avec La Superclique gratuite et les Aventures Spears & Sandals d'Agôn !
Nawak
Pape

Message par Nawak »

Je suis en cours de lecture de Berlin XVIII version FATE, mais je me heurte à des années de pratique beaucoup plus classique dans la méthode (D&D, Stars Without Number, Shadowrun Anarchy, Year zero engine, etc.). Je pense saisir une partie de la philosophie du système, mais j'ai vraiment beaucoup de mal à comprendre comment cela peut s'articuler en jeu, car cela me paraît extrêmement sujet à discussion, interprétations et pinaillages avant de jeter les dés.

D'où ma question : le système expert Chat GPT serait-il assez évolué pour générer des exemples de situations sous le système FATE pour en comprendre les rouages ?
"D&D, c'est le porteur de lumière. Ce jeu a créé un loisir capable de s'accaparer notre âme, de nous voler notre temps, de nous soutirer nos richesses, et cela en échange de plaisirs coupables."
grimthot
Cardinal

Message par grimthot »

Le livre de Hanz est très efficace pour saisir le fonctionnement de fate, je crois qu'il y a une traduction sur le SRD français sinon il se trouve facilement en anglais sous le nom Book of Hanz
Cyrano
Dieu de la péninsule

Message par Cyrano »

Nawak a écrit : ven. déc. 30, 2022 6:45 am Je suis en cours de lecture de Berlin XVIII version FATE, mais je me heurte à des années de pratique beaucoup plus classique dans la méthode (D&D, Stars Without Number, Shadowrun Anarchy, Year zero engine, etc.). Je pense saisir une partie de la philosophie du système, mais j'ai vraiment beaucoup de mal à comprendre comment cela peut s'articuler en jeu, car cela me paraît extrêmement sujet à discussion, interprétations et pinaillages avant de jeter les dés.

D'où ma question : le système expert Chat GPT serait-il assez évolué pour générer des exemples de situations sous le système FATE pour en comprendre les rouages ?
N'hésite pas aussi à poser des questions ici sur les points qui t'interpèlent :yes:
La violence est le dernier refuge de l'incompétence (Isaac Asimov, Fondation)
Cryoban
Dieu de la carbonite

Message par Cryoban »

Nawak a écrit : ven. déc. 30, 2022 6:45 am D'où ma question : le système expert Chat GPT serait-il assez évolué pour générer des exemples de situations sous le système FATE pour en comprendre les rouages ?

Qu'entends tu par "des exemples de situations sous le système FATE " ?
Cthulhu Invictus: Limes Obscurus. Certaines forêts sont plus sombres que d'autres
Dark Operators, un hack du BRP pour Delta Green avec sa feuille de PJ. Du poulpe et des Forces Spéciales.
Un cadavre encombrant Un prologue alternatif à La Ville en Jaune
Nawak
Pape

Message par Nawak »

Un exemple d'échanges entre MJ/PJ sur la manière dont on gère une situation donnée, sous forme d'exemple "en jeu" (dialogues + explications de texte sur la manière de procéder techniquement parlant). Une course-poursuite à pieds, par exemple, une analyse de scène de crime avec une foule peu coopérative, un échange de tir lors d'un braquage, ce genre de choses.

Le livre de Hanz est très efficace pour saisir le fonctionnement de fate, je crois qu'il y a une traduction sur le SRD français sinon il se trouve facilement en anglais sous le nom Book of Hanz
Je vais me renseigner, merci.

N'hésite pas aussi à poser des questions ici sur les points qui t'interpèlent
Oui, merci. Pour l'instant, je réalise une première lecture, et c'est déjà plus compréhensible que le premier FATE qui m'avait dégoûté (Mindjammer VO), ne serait-ce que de m'en approcher de nouveau pendant quelques années. Je crois qu'il faudrait que je me pose en observateur d'une table pour comprendre comment fonctionne les aspects (surtout la contrainte), prouesses, points de fate.
"D&D, c'est le porteur de lumière. Ce jeu a créé un loisir capable de s'accaparer notre âme, de nous voler notre temps, de nous soutirer nos richesses, et cela en échange de plaisirs coupables."
Nolendur
Dieu matters

Message par Nolendur »

Nawak a écrit : ven. déc. 30, 2022 5:42 pm
Un exemple d'échanges entre MJ/PJ sur la manière dont on gère une situation donnée, sous forme d'exemple "en jeu" (dialogues + explications de texte sur la manière de procéder techniquement parlant). Une course-poursuite à pieds, par exemple, une analyse de scène de crime avec une foule peu coopérative, un échange de tir lors d'un braquage, ce genre de choses.

Si tu comprends l'anglais, il y a ça. C'est pas idéal (pas fait pour être didactique ou pour montrer des exemples pertinents), mais ça peut te donner une idée.

Petits jeux et bricolages : jeux perso et aides de jeu.
_____
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it.
-- Terry Pratchett
Croyez ceux qui cherchent la vérité, doutez de ceux qui la trouvent.
-- André Gide
Répondre